Monday, February 5, 2007

Welcome to Montana !

Yeah let me introduce myself, I'm Clement Della Monica, brand new Bozemanite ! In this blog I will regularly keep you guys, up to date with delicious tales from Montana. Yes the blog is in English, sorry French fellows but you'll have to answer in English too.

Let's see... So on Saturday, February the 3rd I got up in this good old Frejus, France, at 4am. I got done with some last errands, eat breakfast, cleaned up and took the highway to Nice where my flight departed at 7am. Then it's been a very very long journey, I had to wait 5 hours in Frankfurt for my flight to Denver. This flight lasted 10 long hours, I've been served two meals and two movies were shown. "A good year" and "The magician", pretty good ones, too bad I had to concentrate that much to hear the dialogs because the plane was full of Germans speaking really loud. That's strange that's the second time it happens. I didn't knew that about Germans. When I arrived in Denver I had a nice interview with an immigration officer because the last time I left USA I forgot to notice that I was leaving by giving back the little peace of green paper the had put in my passport. Well nobody asked for it when I got in the plane to go back to France. How was I supposed to guess? Anyway that went OK, but really freaked me on the moment. Then followed 7 long hours to wait for my Bozeman plane, delayed two hours, nobody knows why. I had to keep awake because I didn't want to miss the connection. After a two hours flight I finally landed in Bozeman BZM airport which is located at Belgrade (USA) 20 minutes far from Bozeman by road. There Sarah was waiting for me. How wonderful it is to finally see a friendly face and especially her, of course !

More about Sarah and I in Bozeman pretty soon !
Keep connected.

Yours, Clement.

7 comments:

Ruben said...

Your blog's title is fun ^^ Very good idea!
About the immigration officer, it's not because of the little paper, it's because your hair!

Unknown said...

We are always complaining about french transport, but finally, it's the same everywhere :)

Good luck

Unknown said...

The women officer that questioned me told me afterwards that it was because I didn't check out when leaving the country. They seem to be very serious about it. For the hair thing I had a pony tail during the journey. It's been quite efficient, I haven't been stop in each airport this time for checking. Well last time I had a big ugly backpack too so that could be the reason why.

About the transportation problems, I guess you're right, the same old thing everywhere...

Anonymous said...

Oulala! (this one is for Sarah)
if you guys are not planning to live sooner or later in a closer place to France (for instance, Montréal would be a nice choice...), we'll never see you again! I'm not ready to spend 40h for a round-trip to Montana...
By the way, what do you want us to speak English ? Is it just to entertain Sarah or are you seriously considering making American friends ;-)

Unknown said...

Touché !

I'm writing the blog in english so that it's fully readable by everyone! It's a good exercise for you and for me. Also Sarah might post too on the blog !

About moving closer, I guess we'll think about it when it will be possible... who knows ?

Ruben said...

Well, she's not very verbose for the moment...

Unknown said...

Sarah is very busy working! So I prefer that she doesn't spend her free time writing :D