Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Welcome to America : Part One

Hi there, children and grownups ! Today we're gonna speak about stuff. To be more precise, products. In America you can find all kind of crazy goods. I want to deliver their picture to you. We'll see some surprising ones (for a Frenchie), some classics and some interesting ones, depending on your fields of interest.
Today we speak about FOOD. Oh yeah, most of the Europeans think that Americans, in general, are crazy overweight. But clearly, from what I can see in Montana, this is just a minority, not more than in France. The phenomenon must be observed in big cities... I don't know. Well, if you like peanut butter, here is a good (bad) reason to get fat as a whale. This peanut butter package is simply huge. If you don't believe me, let's compare it to some other products. Products that have a known size. As you can see on the left, we compare the size of the peanut butter to the size of a wine bottle (Menage a trois, Californian, quite disgusting wine. Impossible to drink it, so now I use it to prepare some sauces) and the size of a soy sauce pretty well know to you guys, I know you love sushis ! (You might have realized that the dispenser is GREEN !! Well in fact this is the "less sodium" version of the soy sauce, I've never seen that one in France).
Isn't that peanut stuff great ? well I like peanut butter but I don't eat it that often, so it's gonna take me a while to finish that guy !

Ok let's continue my food oddities with that couscous ! "Toasted Pine Nut" one of the three flavors I bought. The others were "Mediterranean curry" and I don't remember the last one. It's pretty good stuff, you boil some water, add the sauce bag content to it. Then you put the couscous grains into your saucepan, take it off the burner and let it sit, covered, during 5 minutes. Ready to eat !! The flavor isn't that great unfortunately, but I guess if you cook some other dishes to accompany it, well, that couscous could be great.

Thanks for reading "Montana Clem", and don't forget to wash your belly buttons !
See ya guys later.

-Clément

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, a bit strange. When I was in Mexico I missed the french food (even with thoses tacos...), I supose it's going to be the same for you uh?

Unknown said...

yeah, I could eat a good tartiflette, especially because of the weather...

Unknown said...

But peanut butter is so delicious !

シリル said...

Yep, peanut butter saved my life once.
But concerning your couscous, I've bought this kind of stuff quite a few time in France... Haven't you bought yet a 5kg protein can ?

Unknown said...

Nope I haven't tried the protein can yet, but it sounds disgusting