Saturday, September 1, 2007

Fancy trip to the fairy lake



fairy lake clean water

Clean water for a change, no trans-fat, not in a bottle. Today we've been to the "fairy lake", a very pretty spot, 30 minutes from Bozeman. It's located in the Bridgers mountains, the ones that has the college M, but on the other side. Well anyway, that was one good occasion to take my camera out. Unfortunately I discovered when I arrived at the lake that I forgot the 1Gb SD-Card in my computer's slot. I've been taking some pics lately of my brand new bike !! (but I'll talk about it in another post) and stuff around Bozeman. Today let's focus on the Fairy Lake, it's a little heaven out of the city, at about 6000 feet.

We've been driving there with Sarah's Oldsmobile Intrigue, It's a pretty cool car she has but definitely a city ride. So that was great until we arrived on the fairy lake trail, 7 miles of off-road pleasure. Quite bumpy, but definitely fun (except that sometimes we were a bit worried about breaking the car, but oh well what's a car after all), there were some cows around in the forest, which was pretty weird. I guess the rancher who owns them must be pretty confident that they will find their way back! As we were gaining altitude we had a great view on the valley and the Bridger canyon.

Finally we arrived at the Fairy lake. Seriously if I could buy a little cabin, I would put it right there. The scenery is truly beautiful, on one side impressive mountains (Bridgers) on the other side there are a few trees and a big valley.

There is a small trail around the lake, and when the sun reflects on the water it makes thousands of shiny sparkles, thousands of fairies dancing upon the water, mystique whirling little lights, inspiring fantasy and day dreaming.

Thanks for reading montana clem. More poetry to come (maybe) and crazy stories (for sure). We appreciate your business.









7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bro! Thanks for these beautiful photos, it changes from food...

Anonymous said...

Biking, hiking... but the real matter is: did you loose weight?

Unknown said...

Yes I'm loosing weight, I just bought a "scale" I'm 84kg ! I think I was 86 when I left France.

You're welcome sista, I have a lot of pictures from other hikes and such, I just have to beat my laziness!

Unknown said...

Yes, beat it!

Unknown said...

it's easy to say :)

Anonymous said...

wow, great place. I have to say I'm a bit jalous because I'm getting borred about Paris... I want some nature! :)

Unknown said...

Nature is great and really the nature around Bozeman is gorgeous. I'll try to post more pictures from our hikes this week end.
Hey you should go with the gens sympas and hang around in Paris' countryside, I remember there are some nice parks outside the city... Of course you don't get the mountain's fresh air there!